Monday, January 14, 2013

A nod to my inspiration

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the sources from where I've pulled together much of my thinking from the previous post. First up, for a very interesting view of collective evolution and where we ought to be setting our sights please refer to this Jeremy Rifkin book. However, I sometimes think he overreaches in his conclusions with statements that leave me scratching my head, longing for more specificity of vision. Statements like:
The informal economy, which includes household production, barter, and at the extreme end, black market and criminal economic activity, is also likely to diminish as traditional economies transition into high-tech societies.


From an environmentalist and consultant point of view, refer to Paul Gilding's book. I find him to be a great pragmatist and he does not mince words about how much need there is for constraints on human behavior in the realm of capitalism and the difficulty in accomplishing policy change within the current political context.

No comments:

Post a Comment